The world is currently experiencing a pandemic of Covid-19, a respiratory virus that is forcing communities to go into partial to complete shut-down in order to contain and mitigate the spread of the virus. Hacienda Heights in an unincorporated municipality under the jurisdiction of Los Angeles County, and we take our guidance and directives from the Los Angeles County Board of Health.
As of Saturday, March 14th, the following protocols are in place at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Preschool, and AfterSchool to ensure the safety of our children and to comply with all Los Angeles County directives as members in our community.
- All non-essential activities of the congregation and its programs have been cancelled.
- Sunday services of Word and Sacrament at 9 AM (English) and 11 AM (Chinese) will continue as usual. Our gatherings are fewer than 100 in each service, and we are able to maintain the recommended 6-foot social distancing separation.
- Seniors over the age of 65, those with compromised immune systems, those who are sick or who have household members who are sick are urged to stay home. It is an act of love, not a sin, to forego church under these exceptional circumstances.
- Bible class and Sunday school will continue to meet under the same guidelines.
- Preschool will be open on Monday. Children will be checked for temperature upon sign-in. Sick children will not be admitted. Our staff will be meeting on Monday morning to evaluate our plan of action in view of the current situation and LA County directives. We want to ensure the health and safety of the children and do not wish to contribute to the spread of the virus in our community. Some parents must still leave home for work and require a safe place for their children.
- The AfterSchool will be closed until we have determined the feasibility of opening it in a limited capacity. We must comply with all the requirements of Los Angeles County before we can open. If we do, we will only be able to accept 20 students.
- Please consult this page for any changes in schedule or program.